Magnets make magnificent decorations. Many people put them on their fridges to brighten up their kitchens. They not only add vibrancy but also a sense of character to the room.
One of the great things about magnets is that you can make your own. These image magnets are tons of fun and can be made from whatever image you like.
This means that you can transform your favorite picture or inspirational quote into something to stick to your fridge.
A Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 can be utilized to make these majestic magnets. How is this done? Simply follow our instructions below.
How To Make Magnets
To complete this set of instructions, you will need to obtain a few essential items. These are:
- A Printer: to print the desired image. Any printer can be used for this task.
- Printer Ink: most people will opt for an image with color so be sure to have both kinds of ink.
- A Cricut Maker: you can use whichever version you prefer, including the Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Magnetic Sheets: this will be essential for the magnetic to stick to surfaces, such as fridges or lockers. Magnetic sheets can be ordered online or in some hardware stores.
- A Cutting Mat: this craft essential will play an important role in the task. The stronger the better, so make sure that you get a durable mat.
- A Pair Of Scissors: we’re sure that you already have these somewhere in your house!
- A Device With Cricut Design Space: this app can easily be downloaded onto any computer device, such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
Once you have gathered all of these items, you can begin the craft. All you need to do is:
- Find an image that you want to transform into a magnet. This can be anything, including an image from a movie, a fun quote, or a photo of one of your best friends. Save this image to your device.
- Open the Cricut Design Space app on your computer. Upload the chosen image onto this app. Feel free to edit it. For instance, you can adjust the image’s color or remove the background.
- Ensure that the image is a “Complex” picture. Otherwise, the app will simplify the image, resulting in it being less detailed when printed.
- Next, click “Print as Print Then Cut Image.” Upload the image and locate it in the Canvas section.
- Once located, click on the image. This will allow you to choose what size you want it printed. Moreover, you will have the option of printing multiple images. If you want to make lots of magnets, this is an outstanding option.
- When happy with your selection, click “Make.” If you want to make sure that your selection is good, you can print a test image onto a piece of paper.
- Once the images have been printed, place the magnetic sheet in the Cricut Maker. Place a mat underneath it. The device is very sophisticated, so it will be able to recognize the border of the image(s). Therefore, it can cut them out perfectly. If you are not very good at cutting, this feature is a lifesaver.
- Remove the cover from the magnetic sheet. If you have multiple magnets, you will need to repeat this for all of them.
- Use a pair of scissors to remove the magnets. This can take some precision, but the Cricut Maker should have done most of the work.
- When finished, stick them to a magnetic surface. These make perfect gifts, so consider wrapping them up decoratively.
What Is Cricut Maker?
If you enjoy creative projects, then you will adore the Cricut Maker. It’s a device that can be utilized in a wide variety of projects.
The Cricut Maker can be used to cut designs on materials such as vinyl and paper. More advanced models can even be used for tougher materials.
There are a few different models of Cricut Maker, including the Explore Air 2. If you are into crafts, we thoroughly recommend getting one of these excellent products. You’ll be impressed by all the things you can make.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Picture Can I Use For Magnets?
Use whatever image you like. If you are making them as a gift, you might want to pick a picture from their favorite film, television show, or game.
What Magnet Thickness Can A Cricut Maker Cut?
These devices will not be capable of cutting magnetic sheets over 1.0 mm thick. Preferably, you should opt for thinner sheets, as it can handle them better.
There are so many incredible crafts that you can complete with a Cricut Maker. Personally, we think that these magnets are absolutely delightful.
If you want a personalized birthday, Christmas, or anniversary gift, consider making these majestic magnets.
- The 10 Best Sublimation Blank Wholesale Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- The Best Wholesale Sublimation T-Shirt Blanks Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- Eight Common Reasons Why Your Heat Vinyl Transfer Won’t Adhere To Garments - July 12, 2022