In this article, we are going to take an in-depth look at the Cricut Explore Air 2, including a review of its features and specifications as well as what it can cut and how much you will need to spend on the machine.
This is one of the most popular machines for use with the Cricut software, but there are others that work just as well if not better.
The Cricut Explore Air has been around for a few years now and still seems to be selling like hotcakes. It’s no secret that the Cricut Explore Air is one of the best cutting machines on the market today.
But is everything they say about this machine true? Well, in this article we are going to look at this product in detail so that you can better understand whether it is suited to your needs and if it is as good as they say.
So, if you are looking for a new Cricut Explore Air 2 machine? Then you should read our review before buying it. The Cricut Explore Air 2 is a great machine for beginners who want to start crafting.
A Bit About The Cricut Explore Air 2
The Cricut Explore Air is a versatile cutting machine designed to cut paper, vinyl, fabric, leather, wood, metal, and other materials. This machine has a built-in laser cutter that allows you to create intricate designs on various materials.
“The Cricut Explore Air 2 is a great machine for those who want to get started with crafting” —Cristina Gomes, Best Buy
The best part about the Cricut Explore Air is its price tag, at the time of writing this device was under $200, but that may have changed since this article was published.
It’s one of the cheapest machines in this category. You can use this machine to make crafts at home or even sell your creations.
It comes with the following features:
- Laser Cutter (laser engraving)
- Cardboard Cutters (cutting cardstock, chipboard, foam core, etc.)
- Cutting mat (for cutting paper)
- Embossing/Impression Pad (to emboss projects)
- Vinyl cutter (cutting vinyl)
- 3D printer
- USB cable
- Power cord
- Software included
How To Use The Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine
In order to use the Cricut Explore Air 2 machine, you need to download the software from the website which is free. Once downloaded, open the program and connect the machine to your computer via a USB port.
You will be prompted to select an option depending on what kind of material you would like to use. Select the one that fits your project.
Then follow the instructions given by the software.
Some of the most popular items are available such as scrapbooks, cards, gift tags, invitations, photo albums, and more.
If you don’t know how to use your new machine, we suggest watching videos online. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials showing you step by step how to use the Explore Air 2.
One thing you need to remember is that the settings vary between different materials. For example, when using the vinyl cutter, you need to adjust the speed and pressure accordingly.
Some people also recommend wearing safety glasses while operating the machine because there’s some dust produced during the process.
Other Features Of The Explore Air 2
There are several other features that make the Cricut Explore Air 2 stand out from other models in this category. Here’s a list of them:
1. The Explore Air 2 comes with a laser cutter that allows you to cut through multiple materials including paper, vinyl, fabric, and more.
2. The Explore Air 2 offers two types of matting: rubber and non-rubber. Choose whichever suits your needs.
3. The Explore Air 2 includes two sets of cutting mats; one is made of plastic and the other is made of cardboard. Both work well so it doesn’t matter which one you choose.
4. The Explore Air 2 has a maximum capacity of up to 1.5 pounds per minute. If you’re planning to make larger pieces, consider getting another unit.
5. The Explore Air 2 is equipped with three ink colors: black, red, and green.
6. The Explore Air 2 supports all major file formats.
7. The Explore Air 2 allows you to switch from one craft to another without having to erase. This means you can start working on another project while keeping the first one intact.
8. The Explore Air 2 cuts through up to six layers of material.
9. You can create images of any size using the Explore Air 2.
10. The Explore Air 2 boasts five different blade sizes ranging from 0.25 mm to 4 mm.
What Can You Use The Cricut Explore Air 2 for?
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is great for making creative gifts for friends and family. It makes it easy to personalize gifts such as greeting cards, party favors, candles, holiday ornaments, and much more.
It’s ideal for creating custom birthday parties where guests get to pick their own personalized decorations.
Here are some examples of things you can make with the Explore Air 2:
- Christmas Ornaments
- Holiday Cards
- Gift Tags
- Greeting Cards
- Party Favor Bags
- Thank You Notes
- Wedding Invitations
There are of course many more used for this amazing machine, but these are just a few ideas.
Should I Buy The Cricut Explore Air 2?
Yes! The Cricut Explore Air is an excellent choice if you want to learn about crafting or simply have fun experimenting with various materials.
It’s affordable compared to other machines and comes with lots of useful features. Plus, it’s very user-friendly.
You’ll be able to complete projects quickly and easily thanks to its simple controls.
You won’t regret buying this machine.
What Are The Pros Of The Cricut Explore Air 2?
Before we can truly know whether this product is worth your time and money we will need to take a look at what the pros and cons are for this Cricut machine.
1. Easy Operation – There are only four buttons on the Explore Air 2, and they are all easy to reach.
2. Exceptional Value – Compared to other similar products, the Explore Air 2 costs less than half.
3. Versatile Cutting Mat – The Explore Air 2 works well with both thin and thick mat boards.
4. Multiple Material Support – The Explore Air 2 can cut through multiple materials including vinyl, card stock, fabric, and more. It also accepts most standard file formats.
5. Multiple Blade Sizes – The Explore Air 2 has 5 different blades ranging from.25 mm to 4 mm.
6. Multi-Layer Cutting – The Explore Air 2 cuts up to six layers at once.
7. Quick Access To Inks – All inks are stored within the Explore Air 2 and there’s no need to go through the hassle of searching for them elsewhere.
8. Ability to Switch Projects Without Erasing – When you finish a project, you don’t have to worry about erasing it. Simply change your current project and continue cutting.
9. Good Value – The Explore Air 2 is less expensive than its competitors.
10. Good Quality Construction – The Explore Air 2 feels sturdy and durable.
1. Limited Storage Capacity – The Explore Air 2 only holds 50 sheets of paper and 20 cartridges.
2. No Digital Cut Files – While the Explore Air 2 does not offer digital cut files, it does accept standard file types like.jpg and.png.
3. Low-Resolution Images – The Explore Air 2 offers limited resolution when it comes to photos.
4. Smaller Project Area – The Explore Air 2 doesn’t have a large cutting area which means that you may run out of space after completing a few projects.
How Does The Cricut Explore Air 2 Work?
The Cricut Imagine is one of the first popular brands of DIY (do it yourself) cutting machines, so it helps that it’s fairly intuitive.
To use the Explore Air 2, you simply load it with a cartridge containing images you’d like to cut. Then, you place a sheet of material onto the cutting mat and start cutting.
Because the Explore Air 2 uses a laser instead of a blade, it requires a special mat board made specifically for the machine.
When using the Explore Air 2, you should keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure to get a compatible mat board designed specifically for the Explore Air 2.
- Don’t use any other mats as these can cause serious damage to the Explore Air 2. You should always test your mat board before attempting to cut anything.
- Always make sure the surface is clean before starting a project.
- Keep the Explore Air 2 away from heat sources and direct sunlight. Heat will affect the performance of the machine.
What Are Some Benefits Of Using A Cricut Explore Air 2?
There are many benefits associated with purchasing an Explore Air 2. Here are some of the main ones:
- Convenient – Since the Explore Air 2 is cordless, you won’t have to carry around a bulky power supply.
- Fast – The Explore Air 2 runs much faster than traditional laser cutter models because it doesn’t require electricity. This makes it perfect for people who want to create quick projects.
- Easy to Use – The Explore Air 2 automatically adjusts your settings based on the material you’re cutting. This means you don’t have to manually adjust things like speed or depth.
- Versatile – The Explore Air 2 allows users to cut through multiple materials including fabric, wood, metal, plastic, vinyl, paper, leather, canvas, foam board, acrylic, glass, stone, ceramic, clay, concrete, and more!
- Cheap – The Explore Air 2 costs significantly less than most competing models.
If you’re looking for a new DIY cutting machine, the Explore Air 2 might be the right choice for you. It has all the features needed to help you become a pro at crafting with this modern tool.
We hope that this article has helped you better understand how great this product is and why you should pick the Explore Air 2 above any other Cricut machines.
- The 10 Best Sublimation Blank Wholesale Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- The Best Wholesale Sublimation T-Shirt Blanks Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- Eight Common Reasons Why Your Heat Vinyl Transfer Won’t Adhere To Garments - July 12, 2022