As you may already know, 3D printers can be quite expensive. More basic models will cost at least $100, though you will have to spend considerably more for professional printers. In fact, you may end up spending $20,000 for a top-end printer.
This raises the question of if you can make money through your 3D printer. If you cannot make your money back, a 3D printer may seem a bit frivolous. Fortunately, the answer is “yes”! To help you make money with your 3D printer, read through the options below.
Products You Can Make
3D printers are versatile and can be used to produce a number of different products. Here is a list of some of the items that can be quite profitable:
A lot of people like receiving jewelry that has a unique or personalized design. This is why they are ideal for 3D printers since you can create a more ornate design. If you create niche and unique designs, you are likely to gather a following and a dedicated customer base.
Many people across the world use combs. They are relatively easy to make and can be sold for inexpensive prices. Though this may not make you boatloads of money instantly, you are unlikely to run out of customers. Fortunately, combs do not take a lot of time or plastic to produce.
One of the first things you may have produced with your 3D printer is a coaster. Coasters are handy household objects that are used to protect surfaces from the watermarks made by drinks.
They are a lot less complex to make than many of the other items on this list. You can also make them more intricate by adding patterns, logos, and details to your coasters. If you are looking for some extra advertising, you can even print these coasters with your own logo. You can then sell these items at low prices.
When you are starting a business, it is important to stay ahead of the curve and to be aware of modern trends. Phone accessories are currently very popular. As a result, you may want to exploit this market by making phone accessories. This can include earbuds and pop sockets, which will be good options for people with 3D printers.
If you are looking for a more time-consuming and complex project, ornate PC cases will be an excellent idea. Though these will take a lot of time and practice to produce, they can be sold at high prices.
You may have seen some of these elaborately designed cases online because they have become popular on social media. If you do want to go down this route, research some of the cases that have become popular. This will allow you to identify what sort of cases you should be making.
Having indoor plants is becoming an increasingly popular trend. With a 3D printer, you can make some unique-looking vases that can be used to store plants. In addition, these vases will have an aesthetic appeal.
Where and How To Sell Them
After deciding on what products you want to focus on, you will need an avenue through which you can sell them. Nowadays, there are a variety of ways in which you can sell the items you have made, many of which are online.
- eBay – eBay is one of the most obvious options to begin selling your products online. eBay has lower selling fees and offers more protection to vendors.
- Etsy – this is the homeplace of many creators. Through this website, you can sell homemade and unique items.
- Specialized printing services – one option for selling products made from a 3D printer is to offer a specialized service. In order to do this, you will need to find a unique area for you to venture into.
- YouTube – though this may sound odd, creating a YouTube channel can help you to advertise your products and to demonstrate your expertise.
- Amazon – Amazon provides an excellent marketplace through which you can sell 3D printed goods. Like eBay, sellers can be more protected through Amazon. However, you may have to pay a high selling fee.
- Printing on-demand – this will mean that you will need to make whatever products are requested. This will require you to have a wide breadth of knowledge. Of course, you can limit the types of products you want to make.
If you are interested in pursuing this career, you will need to think about advertising. After all, this will help your business to grow and to increase your number of customers. It is a good idea to get a few social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to show off your products.
Renting Your 3D Printer
Another available option is to rent out your 3D printer. Because these products are expensive and in high demand, you may end up with a lot of people who are interested in using your printer for a short amount of time.
Of course, this will mean that you will have to be okay with other people using your device and entering your workspace. If you are fine with this, you may want to look into creating a 3D printer lease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Illegal To Sell 3D Prints?
No, it is completely legal to sell your 3D prints. In fact, a lot of people make money by selling their 3D printed products.
How Do 3D Printers Make Money?
Most 3D printers will make money by creating their own business. They will follow many of the avenues listed above.
Is It Expensive To 3D Print?
Yes, it can be very expensive to 3D print. Costs will include electricity, materials, and the printer itself. As a result, you should only pursue this as a business model if you are confident that you can make money.
Ultimately, you can make money through your 3D printer. As you can see, there are a number of avenues through which you can make a profit.
However, all of these options will require you to use a lot of time and energy. If this is not a sacrifice you are willing to make, you may not be able to make a profit through your 3D printer.
- The 10 Best Sublimation Blank Wholesale Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- The Best Wholesale Sublimation T-Shirt Blanks Suppliers - July 12, 2022
- Eight Common Reasons Why Your Heat Vinyl Transfer Won’t Adhere To Garments - July 12, 2022